Sunday, December 30, 2012

From TamsinP: 15mm Thirty Years War Croats (96 points)


It appears to be the day for Croats - who knew. Here is a very colourful unit of TYW Croat cavalry from Tamsin.

Take it away Tamsin:

Here's my second entry for the Challenge - the Croats.
After my rather sober Ronin with his muted browns, I present a rather more colourful bunch of hooligans for your entertainment. These are Croat/Hungarian/Cossack light horsemen for use with my 30 Years War armies, based for FoG:R. The figures are 15mm Donnington Miniatures.


Although there are only 24 of them, it took me 3 days to paint them (admittedly probably only 4 hours per day), but the lack of uniformity and amount of details to paint was time consuming. It was only when I was taking the photos that I spotted that the mix of figures in each "regiment" had become a bit skewed - at least each group has at least one of each rider type!







Wow, yes, they certainly are a cacophony of colour - excellent job Tamsin.

These lads will give Tamsin a very tidy 96 points. Well done!

12 comments:

  1. Tasmin - there are great figures - the colors are fun and the details is very good - on fact much better than I can mange with 28mm's let alone 15's

    Very well done!
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work I too find the irregular units longer to paint. Saying that you have done a great job on these.
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think well worth the extra time they took as they look great

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent; they are really colourful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Definitely more colourful than my Croats!

    Great work, Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice range of colours on these. It really picks them up. I agree with it taking extra time to achieve but it's well worth it. Nice one Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone - so glad you like them. Next up some 28mm Vikings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! As long as you're not a spam droid I'll have it up on the blog soon. :)